A message by Pastor Beth Walker on Sunday, April 18, 2021 at King’s Grace Fellowship.
Confrontation and Response
- Haggai calls the people out on their misplaced priorities
- The people had put their energies into beautifying their own homes
- Yet all their work was futile because apart from God, everything is
- Even “good things” can confuse our priorities
- How we respond to God’s confrontation in our lives matters: The people began to obey and God “sparked enthusiasm in them”
Addressing Shattered Expectations
- “Does anyone remember…?”
- God has not called us to look back, but rather to hope forward.
- God’s encouragement and promises surround us when we make Him a priority
- The Lord has the resources, He is just looking for willing hands
- God is doing a NEW thing, and the glory of His church is greater than before
Call to Covenant Faithfulness
- The people chose what made them “happy” over what made them holy
- If the people do not humble themselves; turn from impurity and apathy, then whatever they build with their hands will be impure too
- Only true repentance and covenant faithfulness will lead to God’s Kingdom and blessing: He is waiting for His people to respond.
- The Lord honors us for our obedience and faithfulness